- Understand canine sensory mechanisms and how they may be used in training
- Apply relevant aspects of canine behaviour to training of olfactory tasks
- Analyse canine motivation
- Recognise the causes and symptoms of stress
- Demonstrate effective communication between the handler and the dog
- Train a dog to respond to a range of instructions, commands or signals
- Plan, apply, modify and analyse training techniques as needed
The aim of this course is to earn about the evolution of behaviour as well as how to recognise, record and modify behaviour.