1. Demonstrate critical understanding and evaluation of the pathophysiology and clinical
presentations of selected medical conditions.
2. Apply and integrate relevant osteopathic principles and concepts to inform the means
of planning and conducting the management of patients who present with these
3. Evaluate and critically discuss current knowledge of these conditions in the context of
contemporary NZ healthcare and the Treaty of Waitangi.
4. Analyse and critically evaluate the strengths and limitations of different approaches to
determining the differential diagnoses, treatment and management of these conditions.
5. Interpret the natural history of a range of conditions in the context of bicultural and
multi-ethnic New Zealand society.