To enable students’ insight into fundamental concepts of cyber-security as well as knowledge needed to understand the security risks and mitigation mechanisms required to be implemented and managed for securing IT infrastructure.
1. Analyse and describe the principles of Information in the context of cyber Security threats and attacks, covering basic information security concepts
2. Investigate techniques used by hackers to penetrate systems and launch attacks
3. Differentiate and integrate legal, privacy and ethical aspects in the context of cyber security to arrive at a security policy
4. Review basic security issues related to wired, wireless and mobile networks covering authentication, message encryption and key management
5. Analyse different Mitigation Mechanisms and prevention to determine and evaluate possible security solutions
6. Future trends in cyber security