Mahara is the system that Unitec adopted as our ePortfolio platform known as "MyPortfolio". You can only access the Unitec MyPortfolio system through Moodle. More about this later.
First, watch this short video (1:27 minutes).
MyPortfolio is a digital alternative to the paper based-portfolio, bringing with it the obvious benefits of making it portable and shareable.
- Personalised learning, thinking about knowledge as an active process.
- Informed, active participants in their own learning.
- Scaffold their learning.
- Provide communication and feedback tool between their teacher and classmates.
- Showcase their learning, record and celebrate their learning journey.
- Develop digital literacy that can be transferred to other settings and platforms.
- Online study and tutorial activities created using MyPortfolio Groups.
- Encourage reflective learning with students.
- Collaborative assessment with sharing function.
- Professional Development by setting goals and presenting achievements.
- Simpler formative and summative feedback.
- Easier to store a digital version for moderation purposes.
- Easier for employers or other external support people to provide feedback to students.