- Giving feedback
Giving our students feedback can have a huge impact on their success.
- Contract cheating
What exactly is contract cheating?
Check out this infographic on contract cheating, based on research done in Australian universities
- Talk to your students about contract cheating and the risks for users.
- Use the recommended Academic Integrity Statement for Unitec online assessments.
- Design your assessments carefully. See suggestions in Contract Cheating and Assessment Design.
In this section, you can find out more about planning online assessments.
- Can I put my exam online? Unitec has some Online exam protocols which will help you with deciding if your assessment can be online or not...and some examples.
- How do I change an exam to be an online assessment? Read 3 examples of exams rewritten for online environment, with a table showing HOW to design them.
- How do I give feedback online? Choose from the different suggestions in this guide from Surrey Assessment and Learning Lab.
- How can I use a Moodle Quiz? If you are thinking about moving your assessment to a Moodle Online Quiz, check out these suggestions.
Tools for online assessment
There are multiple ways in which students can submit assignments online. The list below are recommended but not exclusive. For additional help please contact your school Te Puna Ako liaison
Turnitin can be used for ...
- detecting plagiarism
- marking (you can give detailed feedback with examples and urls using QuickMarks - see example below)
- organising peer-assessment and self-assessment)
TPA's Turnitin site has more information